Couple of days ago Microsoft introduced a new cool service offering on their cloud – Azure. Its known as Azure DevOps Project. In this blog post we will take a lap around how to get started with this service.
The official announcement of the service is here – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/devops/2017/11/15/announcing-azure-devops-project-public-preview/. Some of the points that i understood about the DevOps Project are as below:
- Launch an app on Azure Service of Choice
- Quick steps to Develop, Deploy & Monitor App
- What you get:
- Azure Resources
- Git Code Repo with sample app
- Application Insights configured
- Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- DevOps Project Dashboard
- Monitor code commits, builds, deployments
Some key benefits of using DevOps Project:
- New App with full DevOps pipeline in few minutes
- Framework Supported
- Fresh start or bring your Code
- Instant Analytics & Insights – AI
- Cloud powered CI/CD using VSTS
Here is video i created which walks you through the whole process.
I am excited about this feature. This DevOps project feature will make the new application deployment to Azure experience a lot easier and simpler. I am sure to deep dive into this and explore further. I hope you liked the video. Do let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions by means of the comments below.
Till next time – Code with Passion, Decode with Patience.